Senior Surveyor / Party Chief
IPaC is currently seeking Survey Party Chiefs to support ongoing projects throughout BC. Reporting to the Survey Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing field survey work on projects in the construction, pipeline, oil and gas, land development and legal land surveying industries. IPaC utilizes the latest technology including RTK GPS (Trimble), Total Stations, and RTK UAV.
- Manage and perform field survey work with the help of Survey Assistants
- Liaise with Project Managers to coordinate field survey work, to review and manage project budgets, timeline requirements, priorities and survey methodology
- Act as a company representative, liaising directly with client field representatives and land owners
- Prepare and communicate field notes, sketches, checklists and digital data in required formats for Project Managers, Land Surveyors and Drafting personnel
- Provide training, guidance and mentorship to Survey Assistants working with you
- Contribute to the development and implementation of industry best practices, more efficient field processes and procedures and the innovative use of new technology
- Actively participate in and proactively support the advancement of the IPaC safety program
Our successful candidate will be a graduate of a recognized post-secondary program related to surveying and geomatics or have an equivalent amount of related experience. In addition you will also have:
- 5+ years of experience in the Survey Party Chief role preferred
- Strong working knowledge of survey equipment and software such as GPS and Total Stations
- Knowledge and experience of Trimble equipment and software, and line locating would be considered an asset;
- Strong problem solving skills in a field environment
- Pipeline construction survey experience considered an asset;
- Good communication skills - verbal and written; ability to produce accurate and legible field notes
- The ability to develop, motivate and mentor junior survey staff and work well in a team environment
- An aptitude for delivering projects on time and budget
- Experience with the use of ATVs/UTVs, snowmobiles and would be considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license and can provide a clean driver’s abstract
- Completed training and valid tickets in First Aid, H2S and CSTS/PSTS safety training, locates, TMEP and/or CGL orientations completed is an asset
- This is a safety sensitive position subject to pre-access D&A testing in accordance with internal and clients policies
IPaC remunerates staff at industry competitive wages. Full time permanent employees benefits include full extended benefits package, paid time off as well as company pension/RSP matching program. Work away from home base includes paid accommodation and LOA allowances.
Candidates must be possess Canada residency status and legally able to work in British Columbia/Canada to be considered.
- Surveying / Survey Party Chief 5+ years preferred and/or combination of education (certificate/diploma/degree in geomatics or engineering) plus work experience.